How to become a Certified or Guest Certified member of the ESE
In order to become an individual ESE Certified member or Guest Certified member, you need to provide documentation that you have certain skills/knowledge and/or training in Endodontology.
To become a certified member you must be a member of one of the ESE member societies shown on the right.
If not, the ESE provides guest certified membership to dentists, who are not living/working in countries represented by an ESE full or associate member society, but who wish for an "endodontic homeland" and fulfil certain requirements.
Individuals who wish to apply for certified or guest certified status must forward their formal application with appropriate documentation to the Administrator of the ESE. The membership committee will assess the application. Those individuals accepted for recommendation as having certified or guest certified status will be reported by the Membership Committee to the Executive Board. The decisions of the Executive Board are final.
Prerequisites for acceptance of certified members
In order to become an individual ESE certified or guest certified member, the applicant has to provide documentation that he/she has certain skills/knowledge and/or training in Endodontology.
Details for certified or guest membership and scoring system
A points system will be used to evaluate all applications for certified or guest certified membership. It takes into account completion of taught programmes, as well as clinical, educational and research knowledge, experience and publications. A minimum of 60 points is required, and must be obtained from at least two of the categories, unless the credit point score is 60 for training with a recognised academic institution (min 120 ECTS). The list below provides a guide for applicants in terms of the supporting evidence that will be evaluated and considered.
Evidence must be provided to support applications and should include:
- High quality copies of original certificates, diplomas and degrees with translations into English where appropriate.
- High quality copies of certificates of attendance and/or participation at congresses, lecture courses and hands-on training. An acceptable alternative would be a letter on society/congress headed notepaper signed by the meeting co-ordinator that confirmed attendance and/or participation.
- Full references of textbooks, chapters, original scientific articles, review articles, case reports and abstracts published by the applicant.
- Letter from Head of School or Department confirming teaching experience, length of contract and proportion of time devoted to teaching Endodontology.
- Letters from two colleagues confirming that clinical practice is devoted entirely or in-part to Endodontics to include number of years.
Make sure you enclose the following:
A completed application form with your scores in the "Your Score" column and the total score calculated:
- Copy your certificates and number according to the "No" column in the application form.
- Translate all relevant certificates into English and present the copy and translation together.
- A letter from Head of School or Department confirming teaching experience, length of contract and proportion of time devoted to teaching Endodontology and/or letters from two colleagues confirming that clinical practice is devoted entirely or in-part to Endodontics (to include number of years).
If you are accepted as a certified or guest certified member your membership does not commence until your fee is received.
Membership dues for certified and guest certified membership are €185. Payment includes subscription to the International Endodontic Journal.
- The honour of being recognised as a Certified member of the ESE;
- Reduced registration fee at ESE and other meetings;
- Personal details, if desired, available on the ESE website for the general public, general dentists and colleagues to access;
- Subscription to the IEJ at a reduced rate (if not already received through your National Society);
- Emails informing you of events and news of interest;
- Invitations to social events at ESE congresses.
- Support of ESE research, developments in education, Position Statement and Guideline development through the Certified Membership fee;
- Networking with a group of ESE member colleagues;
- Invitation to biennial research and clinical meetings.
- Certified member application: (must be a member of a full member national society).
Click here to apply
- Guest certified member application. If you have an account in the ESE system (for example you have submitted an abstract at an ESE congress then click here to apply. If not, please use the contact form to email the ESE Administrator and ask for an account to be set up.