- The applicant must be associated with a dental school or research institute in a country that is a full or associate member of the European Society of Endodontology;
- The applicant is eligible for maximum of two grants for two separate projects;
- The applicant must submit the following information:
- a protocol of the proposed research project, which should describe the background to the topic, the aim and the methodology in detail supported by references to previous research in the field;
- details of the proposed costing of the project;
- a brief curriculum vitae with high resolution photograph (head and neck only);
- a letter of support from the Head or nominated deputy of the Dental School/Institution to confirm that the applicant is to undertake the study at the school;
- a letter from the supervisor describing the status of the student, the phase of the study, with the estimated time of graduation, if relevant. In case of a recent PhD student, the applicant needs to provide proof of their award date, which should be no later than 3 years at the time of application.
- On completion of the project a final report must be submitted to the Administrator of the European Society of Endodontology. The applicants will also be expected to submit a manuscript of the completed work to the International Endodontic Journal, which will have first choice on considering the paper for publication. The paper should meet the requirements as stated in the ‘Authors Guidelines’.