- The applicant must be associated with a dental school or research institute in a country that is a Full or Associate Member of the European Society of Endodontology;
- The application must include:
- a protocol of the proposed research/innovation project, which should describe the background to the topic and details of the methodology with reference to previous research and/or scholarship in the field.
- detailed costings of the proposed work, the sources from which funds have already been obtained, and the sources to which funding applications have already been made. Details should be given of services, equipment or consumables for which the ESE Annual Young Educator Grant is being sought. If the sum is not sufficient to complete the project, the applicant must show how the shortfall will be met. It is expected that the educational environment (clinic, University, laboratory) will provide basic resources such as space, basic IT facilities and staff salaries. The ESE is unable to pay institutional overheads. However, consumables and special services may be covered. Travel costs will be covered only for essential short-term visits to centres of excellence. Congress fees or travel costs to conferences will not be considered. Payments will be made to institutions, not individuals.
- the protocol and costings detailed above should be no more than 15 A4 pages in length, double-spaced and with a font size on not less than 12.
- a brief curriculum vitae with high resolution photograph (head and neck only).
- a letter from the host Dental School/Institute, describing the status of the applicant and attesting to their recent (less than 5 years) appointment to an educational position in Endodontology.
- on completion of the project, a final report must be submitted by email to the ESE Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- the applicant will also be expected to submit a manuscript describing the work to the International Endodontic Journal, which will have the first option in considering the work for publication. The manuscript should be prepared in accordance with IEJ Guidelines for Authors.